I was proud to succesfully represent a lawful permanent resident today in immigration removal proceedings in the Arlington Immigration Court in northern Virginia. My client has been in the country for 32 years and has had a green card for more than 20, but due to convictions from 8 years ago he was in danger […]
Fairfax Immigration Attorneys Serving all of Northern Virginia
The Fairfax immigration attorneys at Murray Osorio PLLC represent immigrants striving for their American Dream. Our immigration law firm is particularly focused on assisting individuals and their families to live and work in the United States. Our firm is based in Fairfax, Virginia but our attorneys routinely handle matters in all parts of the country. Our lawyers have diverse experience and skills across the full spectrum of immigration matters, including:
- Removal / Deportation Defense including immigration bond motions, motions to reopen, a range of applications for relief, and appeals to the Board of Immigration Appeals
- Humanitarian Applications Including Asylum, Withholding of Removal, Convention Against Torture, Temporary Protected Status (TPS), Deferred Action, U Visas, and VAWA.
- Waivers including provisional waiver, 212(h) criminal waivers, 212(i) fraud waivers, and Permission to Reapply for Admission after Removal
- Criminal-Immigration (Issues concerning the overlap between Criminal law and Immigration law) including Pre-Plea Consultation for Clients and their Criminal Attorneys
- Family-Based Immigration including marriage-based petitions, 245(i) adjustment of status
- Employment-Based Immigration including H1B visas, permanent or temporary labor certification, and L-1 visas (intracompany transferees).
- Investor & Entrepreneur Immigration including EB5 Immigrant investors and E2 Treaty Investors.
- Citizenship including naturalization, certificate of citizenship for automatically acquired citizenship, and complex derivative citizenship matters.
- Federal Litigation including Writs of Mandamus, naturalization delay litigation, and petitions for review to the federal circuit courts concerning negative decisions by the immigration agencies
Receiving a notice to appear (NTA) is a very serious matter that requires immediate action and attention. Receiving this document indicates the commencement of removal proceedings against you by the Department of Homeland Security.
Fairfax Immigration Attorneys Challenge Department of Labor Attorney Mark Stevens submitted a regulatory comment challenging the Department of Labor’s practice of prohibiting attorneys from registering for online accounts on behalf of their clients: “I write in response to the request for comment published by the Department of Labor (“DOL”) on February 3, 2015 (80 Fed. […]